Who are we?
- Musicáre is a service organization comprised of members of the Collegiate Chapter of the Music Teacher’s National Association at the University of South Carolina (MTNA at USC).
- Our mission is to spread the joy and benefits music making to multiple rest homes, rehab facilities, and retirement communities throughout the community of Columbia, South Carolina.
What do we do?
- Currently in its formative year, Musicáre represents a unique combination of the disciplines of Piano Pedagogy/ Performance, Music Therapy, and Recreational Music Making. We combine elements of these disciplines to create monthly programs at the Agape Senior Enhanced Care Unit in West Columbia, South Carolina.
- Each program is based on a theme that is decided upon in conjunction with the activity director at the center. These themes are based upon the types of music that the residents enjoy such as sacred music, and songs of the 40s. Thee programs are two-fold. There is a performance element that allows the residents to experience the music, as well as an interactive element that encourages the residents to participate in the music making through a variety of activities.
How Can I help?
- Become a member of the Collegiate Chapter of MTNA at USC.
- Contact us about becoming a volunteer.
For more information about this project, please contact our chapter at email@example.com